Wednesday 19 June 2019

June 19th

Day 10

It was cool again last night but the day was beautiful with bright sunny sky and lovely warmth!

The roads were fairly quiet and mostly flat and smooth. I was on the road by 8am and the kilometres just flew past so that I was here at Lake Elphingstone by about 3pm.

Some of the little mining towns I passed through today brought back memories of our school photo days as we worked in many of them. I guess many of the children we snapped in those far off days now have families of their own. 

Glenden which is only a few km from here was a very interesting experience. We pulled into the caravan park but couldn't see an office. The park was mainly for mine workers and their families and a fellow sitting outside his van told us to choose a site and a girl would be round later to take our money. When she came she told us it was $5 and I asked if we could leave the van on it's site next day as we would busy taking photos all day. "Oh, you have paid till Sunday" she said! 

I went for a walk after getting settled in and was surprised to see that my average steps a day for this year have reached  just over 4,000 a day. I'm quite pleased about that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment