Wednesday 11 July 2018

Day 45

You probably realize it's the Final State of Origin tonight.

Maroons on the left, Blues to the right and those like me who are colour-blind in the middle.

Photographer Christine managed to get in the pic - that's her second from the right.

Most people stayed on from happy hour to have hamburgers and watch the match but I came home to watch Think Tank on the  ABC.

This afternoon Brian and Christine took me into Mareeba. First stop was the garage where Yemmy is living as I needed to get a couple of shirts. They still haven't looked at him yet so I need patience - something I sadly lack.

More fruitful was a visit to the NAB where I manged to change my Business Account to a No Fee Account. I was paying $10 a month previously.

Then we raided Coles and I stocked up as it looks like I'll be here for a while yet.

The pleasant afternoon ended with a visit to the coffee shop at the Information Centre. 

When I left here to go shopping on Sunday I left stuff on the ground expecting to come back and put it all back. It now looks like a garage sale!

I've been busy writing today - my next column is about half finished and I've got headings for the rest of it. I've also written a short obit to go in our ACC Nomad magazine for a friend who passed on suddenly recently.

Steps have not been forgotten - 3,314 steps and 2.3km. I had most of this written earlier but after I looked somewhere else to check something Murphy had made it disappear and I had to start over again!!!!!!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment