Tuesday 18 June 2019

18th June


Day 9

It was frezzing this morning when I woke up but the birds didn't mind as they were singing away  quite happily.

It turned into a beautiful sunny day and quite warm. I was so pleased Eric had fabricated a mounting that allows the driver's sun visor to swivel as the morning sun from the east is quite blinding as you travel north. Previously mine only went up and down.

Last week it was sheep but today I was held up by a drover and his herd of cows.
The roads were mostly very good today and I was able to cover just over 500km leaving 470km to do tomorrow.
I was quite surprised to find I had climbed quite high as I came to a quite steep and twisty descent.





A sign did say I was in the Great Dividing Range and gave the height.




I'd been to Roma before so just stopped to give Yemmy a drink of diesel. 
I have great memories of the town because the first tagalong tour of the ACC started from there and I was privileged to be on it - it was an event for the Sunshine Nomads Branch members but as I was the ACC Chairman at the time I  was allowed to join them for the historical occasion.




The road tonight  (Left) is a bit better than the one I camped on last night (Right)




















I watched Back Roads today on iview - great story about the real outback.

No comments:

Post a Comment