Monday 17 June 2019

June 17





I said goodbye to the Lone Trekkers that were up and got on the road by 8.30 - the biggest job was removing bird poo from the windscreen! I don't know what they had been eating but it was like concrete - I guess the sun had a lot to do with it as they had been dropping their droppings the four nights
  I was at Trangie




It had been a good four days and we went out to the Bowls Club last night where five of us had a Chinese Banquet - yummy! 

 Although I had been to  Lightning Ridge before, I went in to see if any changes had been made since the last time I was there some years ago.

To my surprise there was a huge IGA supermarket so I bought some milk and low sugar yogurt plus across the road I bought a pie for lunch. It's a bit hard getting something healthy when you are on the road and hungry!

 



I had done nearly 600km when I found a little quiet road to spend the night - there have only been three vehicles past since I stopped a while ago and there certainly won't be road trains! I'm in Queensland now - I crossed the border quite a bit back.






 I left home a week ago but I've only been driving for four days. Day one was Home to Ardlethan, Day two was Ardthethan to Peak Hill, Day three was Peak Hill to Trangie and after four days at Trange, today was Trangie to near St George. I've done 1,495km since leaving home.

It will probably take me three days to get to Lake Elphinstone near Glenden where I hope to relax for a week or maybe two. It's just under 1,000 km so three days will be taking it easy

No comments:

Post a Comment