Monday 2 July 2018

Day 36

The day started with a surprise. A message from ACC Tassie Travellers Brian and Christine saying they were meeting some more TTs in Mareeba and would I like to come? Of course I would and so we headed for the Mareeba Information Centre for coffee and a long chat. There were two more TTs there as well so I got someone to take our photo.
 I posted this pic on my Facebook page with everyone's names. It will also appear on the Australian Caravan Club's Facebook page.

It was a lovely get together and we did some shopping before returning to the park for lunch.

Tonight was Soup Night - a celebration anniversary of the opening of the park way back in 2005 and there were even some people here who had been in the park when it opened!

There was a great selection of soups and I only had room for two - Pumpkin and Seafood Chowder. I'm told the other choices were just as good.

The implements were ready:
















.... the bread was ready




... and the serving ladies were nearly ready!

A great night indeed!
In between the rain I walked to the Post Office this afternoon but no parcels for me yet. 
It did get my steps up though - 3,575 steps and 2.6km.


No comments:

Post a Comment