Wednesday 6 June 2018

Day 11

I was on the phone today to my mate Lazo. He's the Editor and I'm Assistant Editor of the 'Nomad' the Australian Caravan Club's quarterly magazine and I do the proof reading. Today's phone call had him correcting all the mistakes I had found on his computer as I read them out from mine.

I haven't walked very far today - just 1,743 steps so far but I covered a lot more on my scooter exploring the town centre. Yes - I know that doesn't count but it was an interesting ride.

The counter told me I'd climbed one floor and the picture bears that out as I have to use the steps to get to my room.
There isn't any food heating or cooking gear in my room so I took a pie and another un-named thing that I bought at a nearby servo last night, to the RACQ place and used the microwave in their tea room.
They are very helpful people and nothing seems too much trouble (except getting me some tyres in a hurry - I hope they arrive tomorrow as I don't want to put in the weekend here!)

Hey - Bernie left me a comment yesterday and that's good. Shows someone reads the blog.

I went out during the evening to try to find a nearby Chinese Restaurant but in vain. A job using the scooter in the morning perhaps? Anyway it brought my steps up to 4,774  and 3.3 km.

Cheese and crackers for dinner tonight! There's food in Yemmy but I'm not walking over there again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment