Saturday 2 June 2018

Day 6

Did I complain that it was 6 degrees yesterday morning? Today it was just 3 degrees but I still had my quick hot shower - I can face the day better when I've woken up in the shower!

It was again a lovely day for traveling and for the first part there was plenty of live and dead wildlife - lots of emus and I did manage a shot of some.

Unfortunately they blend with the background and it's hard to get a good picture

One poor emu looked lost as his/her mate was dead on the road near it - don't know which was left to grieve.

At about the halfway mark the carnage ceased and there was hardly any

roadkill - don't ask me why it varies so much.

Did I tell you that I joined my neighbors last night around a lovely warm campfire? Dane and Sheryl are from Daylesford - not that far from me.  A nice evening and plenty to talk about.

Today here at Augathella I'm in a big camping area right in the town and alongside the Warrego River but there's no water in it and Yemmy was disappointed. I hadn't been here long when someone called out from the door. It was Bev and her boisterous dog and I'd been neighbours with Graham and Bev at Lake Elphinstone a couple of years ago.

Not so boisterous here!


Before I left Eulo today I took a few pics:






Then when I got here and went for a walk along the sealed path along the river bank I saw this sign and wondered who had to give way to pedestrians as cars and motor bikes are prohibited.


I loved this!

I've managed 3,635 steps - 2.4km today. What a good boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment