Sunday 3 June 2018

Day 7

It hardly seems possible that I've been on the road a whole week and traveled every day.

The roads have been varied from wide smooth two lane ones down to today when for a large part of the time I've been on gravel roads including some smooth ones, some not as good down to rough, stony and badly corrugated tracks!

I didn't deliberately take the gravel roads but missed seeing the warning on the Tom Tom. I thought all was OK when I left Tambo and the road to Alpha was single lane smooth bitumen. Then the gravel started! Yemmy handles it well but it did slow things down. The roadmakers put in little sealed bits to show what it could have been like. It was usually for some dips or twists.

Single lane bitumen was fine





 
......but it soon turned to gravel!







The dust got in so Yemmy needs a bit of cleaning and the smoke alarm did go off once or twice.

They did tell you if the roads were open - it's a pity they didn't say if they were gravel or sealed.

Yemmy clocked about 465km today and I was a bit tired when I got to Clermont so I decided to stay in the caravan park and not to go to Therise Creek Dam as there's no power there and it was going to be cold again tonight.

The park was chokkers and I'm way down the back - almost outside the park but I've filled the water tank and I'm charging everything like the iphone, laptop and mobile broadband device. It cost $30 and there were no discounts!

I've just put the heater on and it will soon be toasty in here. I've found it will work on low setting on the inverter but it draws about 10 amps so it's not practical to use it off power.

Even though I only drove about 100km on day 3 when I stopped at Trangie I've covered 2,687km so far and averaged 384km a day.

I'd love to see some comments from my followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment