Tuesday 25 June 2019

June 25th

Day 16

Another perfect day after a cool start. During my morning walk I met with another Sprinter owner - a lady called Ella who was waiting for friends to join her. A brief visit turned into a 1/2 hour chat and a look inside her well fitted out little motorhome. She's only had it a fortnight and loves it already.
A bit further along and I came across this monster - I'll bet it can move! It must be heavy as the trailer is on tandem wheels.
Walking over, I decided to go into Glenden as I needed a few things including watert. When I tried to use the water in the jerrycan it turned out to be dark brown rusty water - quite unusable to drink. It was in a brand new jerrycan that will get thrown out as soon as I can find a strong plastic one.

Once a bustling little mining town, Glenden is quite a lot less busy these days since the mine closed.

When we went there to take School Photos all those years ago it was thriving.

I was able to use the dump point for the toilet, fill my water tank and buy some milk and cereals.





I've got quite a long shopping list for when I get to a  Mackay supermarket tomorrow morning before catching up with Tony and Denyse,

No comments:

Post a Comment