Monday 25 June 2018

Day 29

It's early days but I hope I've fixed my hot water problems. The HWS has been hard to light and after a few days not lit it was reluctant to stay lit. My gas fitter friend Derek last year took the unit out and adjusted the gap between the temperature sensor and the flame. This did fix it for a while but this year it started to play up again.



A call to Atherton Camping and Gas was very helpful and they suggested that it could be a faulty regulator and mentioned a particular regulator that was known for causing problems.  

Of course that's what Yemmy had fitted. That's it on the right.






Paul took me to the shop and a new unit was only $59. The man said that even if my regulator was still working it was only a matter of time before it packed up. There was a bit of fiddling fitting the new one as the mounting plate was different but I carry a cordless drill and used that to drill a few holes for self-tappers.

It seems to working better but I'll know for sure after a few days of use. 

The Rocky Creek Memorial Park near Tolga has always been crowded in past years but today there were only about nine RVs there. A new set of conditions have been adopted that include a maximum stay of 72 hours, no grey water to go on the ground, all units to be self sufficient, no camping in tents, cars or small motor homes and a donation of $5/night.


I made a lovely stew today with lamb kidneys, steak, potatoes, carrots, onions, a tin of four-bean mix, mushrooms and tomatoes. Tonight's helping was yum and there's enough left for tomorrow's dinner.

A walk to the shop to buy some ginger beer helped get my steps up - today 3,095 steps and 2.1km.

No comments:

Post a Comment