Saturday 9 June 2018

Day 13

This was certainly a different day - much more relaxing. I must have chosen the most shady spot to park because trees kept the morning sun off my rooftop solar panels for a while and my folding ones were inaccessible until I off-loaded the scooter.

After a lovely bacon and egg breakfast cooked on my Hot Ozzie Barby I went walking and then unloaded the scooter and set up the panels, No extra volts! A bit of messing around with the voltmeter and I found the trouble  - the earth lead from the feed from the panels had become disconnected. That fixed and the combined voltage input was nearly 10 amps.

Yesterday the fastener for the top storage of the scooter broke so today I fixed that. It's a good job I carry a battery-operated drill and containers of assorted screws, nuts and bolts so I drilled the holes bigger and used larger self-tapping screws to fix it.

Rick and Chris from a nearby caravan came for a chat - they both lost their partners ten years ago and now team up for winter trips away from the cold of Bendigo. I joined them for happy hour tonight and it's a pity they are leaving in the morning as we got on well together.

I took a copy of this week's forecast for this area! I'm sorry people down south but I couldn't resist gloating!


This tree looked beautiful in the sun.
The view was so much better with full sunlight today

The dog looked to be enjoying his kayaking trip!

     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment