Tuesday 2 July 2019

July 2nd

Day 24

This turned out to be a busy morning because I made Yemmy ready for travel by disconnecting things and leaving them ready to fix up again later. The reason was that I was going shopping in Atherton.

It didn't take long to do all the normal things that have to be done before  travelling - disconnect the water hose and electric lead, take down and disconnect the TV antenna, drop the ropes that hold the awning and wind it in, make sure all the drawers were fastened and unlike normal travel days move every thing away from Yemmy instead of stowing it.

Some time ago when I reversed out of the carport at home I'd forgotten the step was out and it got caught up underneath and wrecked. I've been using a lightweight plastic one but it's not too stable. Replacing the step was number one on the shopping list!  I also bought a strong plastic fuel container to carry emergency water as the brand new steel one was full of rust and couldn't be used. A few water hose fittings completed my hardware shopping and I headed for the supermarket.


There's a coffee shop near the Super IGA so I ordered my usual flat white. When it came it been sprinkled with something and had deep thick brown froth. 

They seem to have no idea what FLAT means. Once I spooned all the froth off it wasn't bad coffee! 

Next came the supermarket shopping and my purchases filled four bags! I had been on the road for three weeks so it wasn't unexpected.

 I put everything away before driving back to Walkamin. I'd placed the step  alongside the drivers side front wheel to guide me back into poition and soon everything was back in place.



 

 

After lunch I did a bit of walking to add steps to the 3,000 plus I'd knocked up in Atherton. Total for the day was 6,376 and 4.4km.

No comments:

Post a Comment