Monday 8 July 2019

Day 30

It doesn't seem possible that I've been on the road a month already!

Yesterday I got an email from my GoRV editor Max and he was wondering if my next column was nearly ready. That meant I spent the afternoon writing 'The Wallaby Track' and sorting pictures before sending them off to him.

Mark, one of my Walkamin friends, gave me a lift into Atherton Woolies as he needed shopping as well. Besides the groceries I bought an extra pair of shorts - there's a drawer full at home but only a couple of pairs with me!

I needed a couple of O rings for my water hose connections and last week I tried Bunnings but they didn't have any - or maybe they had hidden them so well I couldn't find them! Well Reece Plumbing had a box of assorted O rings and I got 3 so I had spares. The kind lady said, "They are yours - i can't be bothered with the paperwork."  Wow - freebies!

I also bought a roast chicken pack for lunch - two drumsticks and a breast. Lovely grub.

Alan and Doreen, my old friends from previous years here moved on yesterday and Kev and Annette from WA are my new neighbors. They are a nice couple and are on a very big trip.

My Mackay friends Tony and Denyse were disappointed there were no pictures yesterday so sent me some of theirs from a recent trip to Broome. It was to celebrate Denyse's 70th birthday and they looked to be having a ball. Thanks Tony!

A bit rocky Denyse!


Wow!


Tony looking fit!


What a lovely setting for a birthday celebration!


There you are Tony - pictures on the blog again


No comments:

Post a Comment