Thursday 13 September 2018

Day 1 of reactivated blog!

Update
 Well at last I can update the blog with Yemmy's progress and a few things around home.

 During the gap in posting I've been getting queries about how I am and where I am plus questions about Yemmy. It gives me a lot of pleasure to get your mails and they encourage me to keep posting - thanks.

My Sprinter Guru mate Eric has been a very busy boy. He decided to repair my old diff in case the other one has to go back in exchange for my money. That entailed getting the diff casing machined where the seized bearing case had been rotating and worn the housing. He found a crown wheel and pinion with the correct ratio and then he's sourced a pinion bearing that fits the machined casing plus an oversized seal as that housing was also machined. He's fitted and 'blued' the crown wheel and pinion so all that remains is to swap brakes etc from the diff that's currently in Yemmy and then change axles. I'm hoping to hear that it's complete sometime next week.

I've heard nothing from the bank since lodging a dispute but they did say the process can take 45 days. Patience Lionel!

If it works out I still hope to head for the ACC National Muster in Denmark WA - leaving here after we have a family reunion on Grand Final weekend.

My eldest daughter and her partner are down in Vic for three weeks - it only took them three days to get to my place from Alice Springs! They left my place today for more visits but will be back here next Monday or Tuesday week. My son and daughter-in-law are coming over from Adelaide for the Grand Final weekend so all my children will be here  that weekend - great.

Although it's great having my eldest daughter and partner down here visiting, the reason they are here is sad - her partner Dennis has a son who has terminal cancer and is not expected to see Christmas. They will be seeing him next week. 





I can't remember if I showed you Sue and Shaun's new 'Farm Dog" Jeff so here he is again. He's a great dog and runs like the wind despite only having three legs. 















... and of course they had to adopt a cat as well!

Puss, who goes by the name of 'Shadup Cat',  and Jeff dog get on fairly well although he's a bit too boisterous at times and she tells him off.


This has been a long post but I think that brings us up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment